Article I - Purpose
Article II - Membership
Article III - Officers
Article IV - Permanent Committee
Article V - Board of Directors
Article VI - Meetings
Article VII - Finances
Article VIII - Amendments
The purpose of the Non-land-grant Agriculture and Renewable Resources Universities shall be:
To create an organization of publicly supported colleges and universities offering baccalaureate degree programs in agriculture, renewable natural resources, and related disciplines.
To provide a vehicle for sharing ideas and exploring avenues that might be taken to solve common problems and explore common opportunities which will lead to strengthening the instructional, research, and service programs of agriculture, renewable natural resources, and related programs and foster their association, recognition, and support by the public.
Membership is open to public colleges and universities. The chief program administrator as designated by the institution will serve as the member institution’s representative to this organization.
It shall be the duty of each member of the association to attend the meetings, serve on any special committees to which appointed, and to take an active part in all association activities.
Membership is by application and approval by the Board of Directors and is sustained by payment of an annual membership fee.
1. The offices to be elected include: president, president-elect, secretary, and treasurer.
2. The election shall be held at the annual meeting of the association.
3. Any member of the association shall be eligible to hold office.
4. Nominations for officers will be presented by a nominating committee appointed by the president.
5. Nominations may be offered from the floor during the election meeting.
6. The term of the office shall be for one year with any officer eligible for re-election.
5. The officers shall serve as an executive committee to transact business of the association between meetings of the board.
There shall be three permanent committees. The committee chairs will be members of the Board of Directors.
1. Shall be responsible for formulating policy recommendations to the Board
2. Shall be responsible for representation at appropriate budget and legislative
3. Shall be responsible for preparation of written statements to be presented on
behalf of the membership.
1. Shall be responsible for membership promotion and related items as
assigned by the Board of Directors.
1. Shall be responsible for the special projects of the organization as
developed or assigned by the Board of Directors.
2. Shall explore possibilities of federal and non-federal financing for
institutional or organizational projects and the dissemination of this
information to all members.
1. Shall be composed of the following:
1. All members shall have the privilege to vote.
1. A quorum shall consist of a majority of the voting members present at an official meeting of the association and shall have the authority to transact business.
1. The annual membership fee shall be set by the membership at the annual meeting and the finances of the association shall be administered by the Board of Directors.
Amendments to these bylaws shall be made in writing to the members at least sixty days prior to the annual meeting and at the annual meeting the bylaws will be changed by a two-thirds vote of those members in attendance.
Last Amended in 2012