Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Idaho
Academic Coaching Coordinator
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $40,000 - $43,203 per year, commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Academic Coaching Coordinator, within Tutoring and College Success (TCS ), is the lead of a three-person team of academic coaches responsible for the Academic Coaching program at the University of Idaho. The Academic Coaching Coordinator serves as an Academic Coach and supervises two, 10-month Academic Coaches. To increase student retention and graduation rates, all three of the Academic Coaches provide individualized academic support to students (i.e. work with individuals on skills such as time management, critical thinking, reading, test preparation, test anxiety, note taking, metacognition, resource/service navigation, etc.); teach sections of a College Success Strategies course; develop, market, and present workshops on academic success strategies; serve as a liaison with academic advisors and additional retention offices; and work interdependently within the TCS team, which also includes a Director, Tutoring Program Coordinator, Supplemental Instruction Coordinator. The Academic Coaching Coordinator has responsibilities in leading the communication and marketing of the Academic Coaching program as well as the program's assessment and evaluation. All Academic Coaches serve as liaisons with specific student populations and service offices including, but not limited to, working with students in STEM fields, student athletes, underrepresented students, and specific living groups. The Academic Coaching Coordinator reports to the Tutoring and College Success Director.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree with one year experience in academic support at the secondary/post-secondary level OR Bachelor’s degree with two year full-time experience in academic support at the post-secondary level.
- Personnel management experience.
- One or more years teaching post-secondary or secondary courses.
- Academic coaching programmatic elements, including theories, models and practices of college learning, academic success strategies (study skills, time management, organization, test taking, note taking, etc.)
- Typical barriers that exist and important resources needed for college students to become successful.
- Leadership, planning, and program development techniques and strategies.
- Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated in application materials.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office and general computer software skills.
- Master’s degree in education, psychology, social work,counseling, education, adult education, educational leadership, higher-education administration, or related field.
- Experience with academic coaching or similar type of college level academic support models.
- Three years or more experience teaching at the college level.
- One or more years experience supervising full-time staff in higher education.
- Experience managing a caseload and case files.
- Experience with Blackboard/BbLearn or other online learning management system.
- Experience assessing, promoting, and presenting programs in a post-secondary educational setting.
- Experience working with and serving diverse college students. This diversity includes, but is not limited to, domestic multicultural students, international students, historically underserved students, LGBTQA students, nontraditional students, and first generation students.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including tact, diplomacy and presentation skills for small and large groups.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002028P
Posting Date: 12/18/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by January 18, 2019 will be given priority consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1359440
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.