Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
University of Idaho
Division/College: Vice Prov for Academic Affairs
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $37,461.00 - $47,445.00 or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The purpose of Distance and Extended Education's Instructional Design position is to ensure the quality and effectiveness of the university's online courses and programs by advising faculty and departments on best practices for online education, keeping abreast of leading trends and innovations in higher education, continually developing and facilitating faculty training to meet needs, researching and testing new technologies and pedagogical approaches, disseminating information and pilot results across the university community, developing tools to assess the effectiveness of online learning, and creating opportunities for peer mentoring/faculty development.
Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, education or closely related field plus two years of experience in related field
• Pedagogical theory and practice applied to the design of courses.
• Assessment strategies in instructional programs
• Strategies to train and support faculty and staff developing programs and courses
• Work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and academic planners as well as forge strong and cordial working relationships
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Use common sense approaches and make prudent and sound decisions in a timely manner
• Provide high quality services in a cost-effective manner and to recommend improved methods of performing the work
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERINCE :
• Graduate degree in instructional design, educational technology, or related area
• Three years’ experience working with faculty and staff in the design and delivery of courses at a college or university
• Knowledge of the planning and operating of an academic programs; supervising professional staff.
• Current and emerging instructional technologies applied to high quality online programs and courses
• Learning Management Systems (e.9., Blackboard, Moodle, WebCT, Sakai, Canvas). Common Cloud technologies used in teaching and learning (YouTube, VoiceThread, Prezi, Wikispaces, etc.)
• Best practices in integrating technologies in program and course design
• Industry standard instructional design software tools used for developing media and courseware for online delivery
• Design and delivery of online degree and certificate programs and courses
• Developing assessment strategies for continuous improvement of programs and courses
• Providing professional development programs and instructional support for college/university faculty
• Good understanding of university policies and procedures
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP000731P
Posting Date: 10/22/2015
Open Until Filled: Yes
Please provide a letter of qualification addressing the minimum and and preferred qualifications.
Application materials received by November 20, 2015 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/695193
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.