University of Idaho
Administrative Assistant II
Division/College: College of Education
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $12.02- $14.49 per hour
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Assistant to the Chair of the Department. Responsible for administrative support duties for the Department, serving approximately 20 faculty (as programs grow), 50 temporary instructors, 12-15 teaching assistants, 100 graduate students, and 450 undergraduate students. Responsible for coordinating and overseeing workflow in the department; maintaining and administering departmental policies and procedures; maintaining organization and scheduling of the office and outer office (e.g., copy room, lounge, other department-controlled spaces); managing four undergraduate programs, 2 graduate programs, and the physical activity program; maintaining the class schedule through COWS , assist with maintaining the department's web page; assist with supervising work study and I.H. employees; and completing projects and tasks as assigned by the chair.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
• High school diploma or GED
• At least 1 year of directly related work experience
• Good knowledge of: word processing, filing; composing a variety of business documents; reception.
• Good knowledge of: researching, compiling, and summarizing data for reports.
• Experience: interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services.
• Experience: independently solving problems/performing liaison activities in a work setting
• Experience: coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements.
• Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent combination of experience and/or education
• 3+ years’ work related experience
• Experience working in an university setting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Skill and experience in office support functions (reception, screening calls & visitors, providing information, filing, office organization, scheduling, ordering office supplies, etc.).
• Writing skills for composing and editing a variety of business documents, including knowledge and ability in word processing software (MS Word, Adobe Pro, MS Publisher preferred).
• Experience and ability in conducting research independently and compiling and summarizing the research for reports and/or projects, including knowledge and ability in presentation, spreadsheet, and database software (MS PowerPoint and Excel preferred).
• Experience and ability in working independently and functioning without direct supervision to complete tasks, meet deadlines, and solve problems.
• Experience and ability in prioritizing, coordinating, and managing multiple tasks, duties, and projects for successful completion.
• Ability and experience in coordinating and supervising student workers and other office staff, including conflict resolution skills.
• Knowledge and skill in marketing, including the use of advanced technology in marketing and web editing.
• Knowledge of University of Idaho departments, programs, services and programs in the Department of Movement Sciences.
• Experience and skill with People Admin hiring software.
• Experience and skill with a Course Online Web System.
• Experience and skill with Banner (Finance, Human Resources, Student modules).
• Experience and skill with Vandal Web system
• Interested in working in an environment that promotes a healthy, active, enjoyable, and productive workplace
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001503P
Posting Date: 08/17/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
This posting is open until filled, however, applications received prior to August 31, 2017 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1088825
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.