University of Idaho
Administrative Assistant II
Division/College: College of Art & Architecture
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $13.65 - $15.35 per hour
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Reporting to both the Financial and Administrative Operations Director and the Administrative Assistant Sr., the Administrative Assistant II has responsibility of providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers including the public, undergraduate and graduate students, CAA faculty and staff members. The position accomplishes general office duties, such as maintaining supplies for office use and marketing, and reception, as well as, public relations aimed at student recruitment and retention. Assisting with special events such as College Advisory Council meetings, UI Bound, Envision, College awards ceremony and commencement is also part of this position.
This position requires the ability to work independently and have knowledge of programs, college and university policies and procedures.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, an appreciation for diversity and inclusion, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team are vital components of the position.
- Good knowledge of office support functions including word processing; filing; composing a variety of business documents; reception; and researching, compiling, and summarizing data for reports.
- Experience: interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services; independently solving problems and performing liaison activities in a work setting; coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements.
- College degree
- Four years of office experience.
- Two years of UI experience and familiarity with UI rules and regulations.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook exchange, Web applications and data entry systems and UI Banner system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in a variety of situations.
- Research, compile and summarize reports
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Contribute to team effort to achieve goals of programs and the College.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Experience using office software.
- Excellent organization skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001588P
Posting Date: 10/03/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Initial review of applicants begins on October 23, 2017.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1096861
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.