University of Idaho
ALCP Instructor (C)
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $38,949.05
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The American Language and Culture Program's (ALCP ) mission is to provide non-native speakers of English with the linguistic, academic, social, and cultural skills necessary to successfully navigate U.S. university environments. The ALCP welcomes applications from experienced intensive English program (IEP ) faculty dedicated to excellence in teaching, student achievement, program development, and collaboration with colleagues. The ALCP faculty and staff value a supportive, growth-minded, and adaptive work environment, where coordination and communication are essential to helping students prepare their language and academic skills for university.
This position, reporting to the ALCP director, is responsible for teaching up to 18 hours per week, advising students, leading and serving on committees, and contributing to program and professional development.
• Master’s Degree in Teaching English as a Second Language, or a closely related field
• 3+ years related work experience
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching and material development
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Native-like fluency in English
• Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative environment
• Demonstrated program leadership
• Demonstrated experience teaching culturally diverse students
• Demonstrated experience mentoring colleagues and/or graduate students
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development and involvement in the field of TESOL , international education, or other relevant professional organization
• Knowledge of other languages
• 5+ years teaching language learners
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000654P
Posting Date: 02/26/2018
Closing Date: 3/26/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1175986
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.