POSITION PURPOSE: The Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor for livestock and range will conduct a locally-based extension, education and applied research program that will focus on livestock production and marketing, forage production, food safety related to livestock practices, and water and soil conservation and quality.
• Develop and implement effective UC ANR Cooperative Extension applied research and educational programs to address the identified priority needs of the clientele that are consistent with ANR’s Strategic Vision and ANR initiatives http://ucanr.edu/sites/StrategicInitiatives/
• Conduct and report regular comprehensive needs assessments to identify priority issues or problems relevant to the local clientele groups being served.
• Conduct applied research designed to solve locally relevant problems and monitor change.
• Disseminate useful, science-based information to inform clientele, using extension methods that are responsive to clientele needs and appropriate for the audience and situation.
• Maintain and promote UC ANR CE’s credibility and visibility by participating in professional organizations and collaborating with government agencies, commodity groups, allied industry groups, policy makers and other organizations by providing independent science-based information and leadership.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A minimum of a master's degree is required, though advanced degrees are encouraged, in disciplines such as animal science, rangeland management or other closely related fields. Incumbent is required to become a Certified Rangeland Manager within five years of date of hire; see http://casrm.rangelands.org/HTML/certified.html. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are required. The ability to build partnerships and to work with multidisciplinary teams to address production and environmental challenges is required. Experience in applied research and extension is preferred.
SALARY: Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding Cooperative Extension Advisor salary scales, please refer to the University of California website: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/250093.pdf If the successful candidate is currently a UCCE advisor with indefinite status, the candidate will be offered the position commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications with eligibility to retain such indefinite status.
TO APPLY: For full position vacancy announcement and UC application, please visit our website at http://ucanr.edu/Jobs/Jobs_990/. For full consideration, application packets should be submitted in their entirety no later than April 17th, 2017 to: email@example.com. Please refer to position AP#17-06. For questions regarding this position, please contact LeChé McGill at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.