Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Area Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor for sustainable orchard systems will conduct a locally-based extension, education and applied research program to develop and integrate all aspects of fruit and nut tree production. The CE advisor will be responsible for developing a research and education program to address high priority production and pest management issues in tree fruits and nuts in Butte, Glenn and Tehama Counties, including walnuts, almonds, prunes, kiwifruit, citrus, olive, and other deciduous fruit and nut crops. The CE advisor will develop sustainable agricultural practices to assure the assigned crops remain economically viable and are farmed using environmentally responsible methods ensuring a sustainable and safe food supply.
· Develop and implement effective UC ANR Cooperative Extension applied research and educational programs to address the identified priority needs of the clientele that are consistent with ANR’s Strategic Vision and ANR initiatives http://ucanr.edu/sites/StrategicInitiatives/
· Conduct and report regular needs assessments to identify priority issues or problems relevant to the local clientele groups being served.
· Conduct applied research designed to solve locally relevant problems and monitor change.
· Disseminate useful, science-based information to inform clientele, using extension methods that are responsive to clientele needs and appropriate for the audience and situation.
· Maintain and promote UC ANR CE credibility and visibility by participating in professional organizations and collaborating with government agencies, commodity groups, allied industry groups, policy makers and other
organizations by providing independent science-based information and leadership.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A minimum of a master's degree is required, though other advanced degrees are encouraged, in disciplines such as such as perennial crop production, horticulture, pomology, plant science, soil science, pest management or a closely related field. An understanding of agricultural production practices, field research and statistical design is required. The ability to build partnerships and to work with multidisciplinary teams to address production and environmental challenges is required. Competence in contemporary communication methods is desirable. Experience in applied research and extension is highly desirable. Excellent written, public speaking and interpersonal communication skills are required.
SALARY: Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding the Cooperative Extension Advisor salary scale, please refer to: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/250093.pdf.
TO APPLY: For full position vacancy announcement and UC application, please visit our website at http://ucanr.edu/Jobs/Jobs_990/. For full consideration, application packets should be submitted in their entirety no later than February 3, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to position AP#16-18. For questions regarding this position please contact LeChé McGill at email@example.com
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.