Jobs at Member Institutions & APLU
Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
University of California
Agriculture & Natural Resources
Area Cooperative Extension Dairy Systems Advisor
POSITION PURPOSE: The Area Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor for dairy systems will conduct a locally based extension and applied research program focused on the complex issues of animal health and welfare, dairy waste management, and water quality. This position will provide programs across a spectrum of industry issues as they relate to dairy production systems.
• Develop and implement effective UC ANR Cooperative Extension applied research and educational programs to address the identified priority needs of the clientele that are consistent with ANR’s Strategic Vision and strategic initiatives http://ucanr.edu/sites/StrategicInitiatives/.
- Conduct and report regular needs assessments to identify priority issues or problems relevant to the local clientele groups being served.
- Develop and implement applied research designed to monitor changes and solve locally relevant problems.
- Disseminate useful, science-based information to inform clientele, using extension methods that are responsive to clientele needs and appropriate for the audience and situation.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A minimum of a master's degree is required, though other advanced degrees are encouraged, in disciplines such as Dairy or Animal Science, Agriculture Ecology or a closely related field. An understanding of production practices, animal and field research and statistical design is required. The ability to build partnerships and to work with multidisciplinary teams to address production and environmental challenges is required. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are required. Demonstrated experience in extension is desirable.
SALARY: Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding Cooperative Extension Advisor salary scales, please refer to the University of California website: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/250093.pdf. If the successful candidate is currently a UCCE advisor with indefinite status, the candidate will be offered the position commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications with eligibility to retain such indefinite status.
TO APPLY: For full position vacancy announcement and UC application, please visit our website at http://ucanr.edu/Jobs/Jobs_990/. For full consideration, application packets should be submitted in their entirety no later than April 7th, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to position AP#17-03. For questions regarding this position, please contact LeChé McGill at email@example.com