University of Idaho
Area Extension Educator, 4-H Volunteer Leadership Development (VLD)
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $55,000 - $70,000
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho invites applications for a faculty position in 4-H to provide state-wide program leadership for 4-H Volunteer Leadership Development at the Assistant rank or Associate rank with the possibility of tenure.
The 4-H Volunteer Leadership Development (VLD ), Area Extension Educator position reports to the Director of the UI Extension 4-H Youth Development Program and is responsible for providing statewide leadership for an effective volunteer management system for all 3,500+ 4-H volunteers. The VLD Area Extension Educator serves as the 4-H Youth Development lead in awareness, understanding, and compliance with the application of laws, policies, and procedures as they relate to volunteer involvement in the UI Extension 4-H Youth Development Program. The position works closely with University of Idaho Risk Management personnel to assure that volunteers representing the University of Idaho 4-H Youth Development Program are uniformly screened and trained before working with youth. The VLD Area Extension Educator is responsible for staying up-to-date on research in the field of volunteer leadership and development and training county faculty and staff in best practices of volunteer leadership and development. The VLD Area Extension Educator is a member of the western regional and national 4-H teams developing curriculum and training for volunteer development and management. As the statewide team lead, the VLD Area Extension Educator will implement the Plan of Work for Volunteer Leadership Development and the evaluation of key statewide programs related to volunteers.
• Master’s degree in human development, adult development, education, or closely related field.
• Professional experience working with volunteer and youth programs.
• Excellent presentation and organizational skills.
• Effective team communication skills; in-person, via technologies, and in groups.
• Effective problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to work in cross-cultural environments.
• Willingness to travel.
• Competent in using Microsoft Office package, online applications, and social media.
• Demonstrated the ability to: coordinate, plan and implement events, workshops, trainings, and programs.
• Organize and prepare information and materials, communicate with the public, both orally and in writing.
• Work a flexible schedule including some weekends
• Must: possess valid driver’s license.
• Experience working in Extension, preferably 4-H Youth Development, Volunteer Management Systems.
• Experience in grant and budget management.
• Demonstrate conflict resolution skills.
• Network/collaboration experience with volunteer organizations.
• Experience generating curriculum and resource materials.
• Experience in event management.
• Experience: developing, recommending, and evaluating program procedures and recommending changes.
• Experience developing technical written materials such as policies, technical manuals or rules/regulations.
• Experience providing technical program assistance to staff and volunteers.
• Experience gathering, assembling, correlating, and analyzing facts.
• Experience devising solutions to problems; writing concise reports, and developing and evaluating policies and procedures.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Physical ability to: Lift and/or otherwise move 50 lbs.
Posting Number: F000655P
Posting Date: 02/20/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to those who apply by March 25, 2018. The position will remain open until suitable applicant is identified.
Along with your on-line application, write a letter of qualification addressing how you meet each of the minimum and preferred qualifications listed. In addition, your application materials must include a CV, names and contact information for at least three (3) professional references, and official transcripts. Transcripts should be sent directly from the granting institution to:
Nancy Shelstad, Search Chair
Regional 4-H Youth Development Educator
University of Idaho, Boise Center
322 E Front, Suite 222
Boise, ID 83702
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1171957
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.