University of Idaho
Assistant Dean for Development, College of Law
Division/College: University Advancement (Div)
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The assistant dean for development in the College of Law is responsible for building and leading a vibrant fundraising and advancement program for the college. Working with the dean, the assistant dean helps to define fundraising priorities in support of the college and the University of Idaho strategic plan and develops annual fundraising plans to help achieve these priorities. Specific responsibilities include management of assigned prospects with cultivation activities, face-to-face visits, proposal development and solicitation of principal major gifts. The primary focus is the identification and solicitation of principal and major gifts ranging from $100,000 and above from individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations. In addition, the assistant dean works in coordination with University Advancement to build the overall fundraising program of the college including communications, stewardship, annual giving and planned giving activities. The assistant dean supervises the development staff in the college. The assistant dean serves as a member of the college’s leadership team, along with the associate deans.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 7+ years’ experience in fundraising or related work experience such as high level sales, marketing, etc.
• 5+ years supervisory experience with direct reports, OR 5+ years recruiting, organizing and managing volunteers
• Demonstrated excellent writing and communication skills
• Possesses and demonstrates interpersonal relationship skills such that one can work independently and in a multi-layered team environment while fostering positive relationships, teamwork and cooperation so that the organization can be successful in meeting its goals
• Willingness to travel extensively and work odd hours and weekends
• Familiarity with database computer systems and microcomputer applications
• JD degree
• Extensive major gift fundraising experience
• Record of securing major gifts
• Strong knowledge of development activities, preferably in higher education
• Experience in advancement
• Public relations or marketing experience
• Experience or education in one of the college’s disciplines
• Demonstrated ability in strategic planning
• Experience in grant writing
Posting Number: SP001361P
Posting Date: 04/11/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To be considered your “Letter of Qualification” must address each of the minimum qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the desired qualifications as relevant.
For first consideration, please apply by May 11, 2017.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/996334
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.