The Department of History, Political Science, Philosophy and Religion at South Dakota State University in Brookings is seeking a dynamic teacher and scholar for a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Political Science. The primary fields are Comparative Politics and International Relations; secondary area(s) of expertise are open with the exception of Political Theory/Philosophy and Latin America. The appointment will begin no later than August 22, 2019. The curriculum in this area is not set so there is opportunity to develop new courses in the applicant’s area of expertise. The successful candidate should understand the land-grant mission of SDSU.
SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to and/or coordinate course offerings that address the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
This position is open until filled with full consideration given to applications received by August 15, 2018. We will be conducting preliminary interviews at the APSA in Boston.
· A teaching load of 9 credits per semester;
· Research in your area of expertise;
· Service to the Department and University, including advising.
Minimum qualifications include:
· A PhD in Political Science in hand or near completion at the time of application (ABD can be considered);
· Expertise on strategic global issues or regions of the world;
· The ability to teach courses in Comparative Politics and International Relations;
· Experience or willingness to teach online;
· Evidence of teaching effectiveness and dynamism;
· Effective written and verbal communication skills;
· Effective interpersonal skills;
· Strong research agenda and scholarly potential.
Preferred qualifications include:
· Willingness to collaborate with students;
· Ability to teach American Foreign Policy, Political Economy and/or the Political Science capstone.
Commensurate with qualifications.
For questions on the position, please contact Evren Çelik Wiltse at firstname.lastname@example.org or (605) 688-4311.
To apply, visit https://YourFuture.sdbor.edu, search for the position, and follow the electronic application process.
For questions on the electronic employment process, contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128. SDSU is an AA/EO employer.