Primary role is to provide overall leadership for developing and implementing a comprehensive and balanced teaching and applied research agenda for Community & Organizational Leadership within the Department of Extension in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES) at The Ohio State University. Specific duties: work collaboratively with OSU Extension team members as well as with cross-disciplinary departments and colleges; function as a consultant to address statewide issues; provide unbiased research-based alternatives; evaluate/respond to large scale statewide needs vs. individual requests; and secure resources (grants, contracts, user fees). The faculty member will have faculty status within the Department of Agricultural Communication, Education, and Leadership (.20 FTE appointment).
- Doctoral degree with at least one degree or with a strong background in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, Leadership, or related
- Strong written and oral communication skills and experience in working with diverse clientele and organizations
- Leadership ability and strong teaching and subject matter expertise in Community & Organizational Leadership
- Also requires travel throughout the state
- Preferred qualifications – knowledge/experience with Extension, experience developing or working in interdisciplinary research teams, experience in mentoring members of underrepresented groups
Required application materials:
Cover letter, statement addressing experience in community and organizational leadership and how you can help us achieve our goals, curriculum vitae and three references.
Deadline 11/1/2015, send application materials as a combined pdf to: Becky Nesbitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ohio State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to establishing a culturally and intellectually diverse environment, encouraging all members of our learning community to reach their full potential. We are responsive to dual-career families and strongly promote work-life balance to support our community members through a suite of institutionalized policies. We are an NSF Advance Institution and a member of the Ohio/Western Pennsylvania/West Virginia Higher Education Recruitment Consortium.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.