Jobs at Member Institutions & APLU
Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colorado State University System
Salary: 95,000 - 115,000
The Associate Controller is a key position within Business and Financial Services (BFS), providing operational support to the following units: Financial Reporting and Analysis, Kuali Financial Systems (KFS) Services, and Accounts Payable and Travel. This position ensures compliance with University Policy, Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE) Policy, State and Federal Statutes and ensures compliance with Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB). The Associate Controller reports to the Executive Director of BFSand Controller.
This position is responsible for the preparation of the Annual Financial Statements, footnotes and statistical report schedules and State schedules. This position provides oversight to ensure efficient and effective reconciliations of central accounting functions; payment to vendors on a timely basis, travel desk; and KFS operations. This position must be able to apply CSU policies and procedures, State and Federal statutes and communicate effectively to campus constituents, as well as evaluate new GASB pronouncements to determine the impact on financial reporting and apply them on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related business discipline
- CPA and/or Master’s Degree in Business or Accounting
- At least 3 years’ experience managing three or more professional level staff
- At least 3 years’ experience working in accounting preparing, auditing, analyzing or working with financial statements
- Strong communication skills with ability to speak to all levels of an organization
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a complex government environment with revenues over $300 million or budget of $50M
- Demonstrated experience working with large mainframe accounting software
- Demonstrated experience working in Higher Education
- Experience with Kuali Financial System
- Strong problem solving experience
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple assignments simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work on projects independently and in teams
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
For a full position announcement and instructions on how to apply, see jobs.colostate.edu/postings/52694.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.