South Dakota State University (SDSU) invites applications for the position of Associate Dean of Research in the College of Education and Human Sciences. The College seeks an energetic human sciences and education research leader who can provide broad vision and administrative supervision for programs and activities in the College of Education and Human Sciences as well as an academic strategist who can facilitate SDSU’s intention to achieve even higher levels of research activity within the College itself.
Expectations and Duties Include:
- Provide leadership and administrative oversight to research, grant, and contract activities in the College of Education and Human Sciences [EHS].
- Work with College of EHS Department Heads to provide supervision and evaluation input for faculty with research appointments.
- Vigorously support faculty in the pursuit of extramural funding.
- Develop and maintain strong linkages to the SDSU Vice President of Research.
- Remain abreast of trends, issues, and needs related to health and nutritional sciences, consumer sciences, counseling, human development, and education in South Dakota and elsewhere. Seek input from administrators, faculty, industry, and other stakeholders to develop research goals to provide optimum benefits to SDSU and South Dakota.
- Engage and coordinate with research funding agencies.
- Collaborate with College of Agriculture and Biological Sciences Director of the South Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station [SD AES] in the initiation, monitoring, completion, and reporting of SD AES projects and in coordination of interdepartmental research.
For a full listing of the responsibilities, qualifications, and to apply, visit https://YourFuture.sdbor.edu, search for the position, and follow the electronic application process. Full consideration date: May 16, 2017. For questions on the electronic employment process, contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128. SDSU is an AA/EEO employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.