University of Idaho
Associate Director of Admissions
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $50,000 - $52,250 per year
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Located at the University of Idaho's Boise campus, this position is responsible for operating independently, exercising judgment and discretion, and to independently develop, coordinate, and manage a regional recruitment plan for designated territories. This position provides leadership and coordination of the University of Idaho undergraduate recruitment, admissions, and enrollment programs. Contribute to the development and execution of the Enrollment Management Strategic Marketing and Recruitment Plan. Work with Director of Recruitment, and representatives of University Marketing and Communications to produce enrollment promotional materials and update pertinent websites as needed. Coordinate and plan events strategically in line with college and university goals and processes. Advise prospective students through engagement with high school, community college, community-based organizations and other entities. Independently develop pipeline initiatives to encourage interest with the University of Idaho. Exercise independent judgment and authority in making certain admissions decisions and contributing to the overall decision. Supervise full-time, board-appointed admission counselors, coordinators,Evaluate, coach and guide employees in meeting his or her own professional and personal goals using performance reviews and feedback; assist in the further utilization and development of constituent relationship management (CRM ) systems in order to achieve stated recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of years experience in higher education and 2 year of supervising 4 or more full time staff with responsible budgetary experience.
- Ability to operate independently, exercising independent judgment and discretion and with little or no guidance, and to be able to make decisions on behalf of the Office of Admissions and the University that are appropriate and timely; display strong organizational skills; communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, with individuals and large groups; quickly gain familiarity with university policies, procedures, and programs; work cooperatively as part of a team with a variety of people, including students, faculty, and administrators; promote activities using skills such as writing, advertising, and design; serve as liaison with other departments/institutions; explain and implement policies and procedures.
- Good written, oral communication and interpersonal skills. Committed to student success and having a customer service attitude.
- Good knowledge of: a student centered/customer service oriented philosophy is essential; good management principles and practices and their application; techniques and procedures used in program development; developing, reporting and evaluating programs; knowledge and understanding of the structure and chain of responsibilities within a university; record keeping systems; public relations and marketing principles; use of automation in the workplace.
- Experience: compiling and analyzing information; will have a strong understanding of predictive modeling, and knowing how to make data driven decisions to prioritize time and efforts. identifying and defining problems/alternatives and developing recommendations; presenting information clearly and concisely; planning, organizing, and implementing workshops, programs, and conferences; extensive experience speaking publicly to small and large groups.
- Master’s degree in student counseling, education, business, public relations, or other related field.
- 5-7 years of admissions/recruitment experience in Higher Education.
- 3-5 years of supervising 4 or more full time staff and 3 years of budgetary experience with proven experience of being fiscally responsible while using state funds to provide quality outcomes.
- Experience in using a CRM .
- A high level of commitment to a student and customer focused environment.
- Understanding of current market trends in higher education and the skills to translate that knowledge into successful enrollment management programs and objectives.
- Excellent administrative, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience working in an admissions office, operating audio/visual/video equipment, and computer experience.
- Extensive experience in public relations, sales, marketing, or related field.
- Ability to learn admissions and financial aid requirements and deadlines for high school and transfer students; general knowledge about all UI colleges, majors, services, their requirements, restrictions and costs.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to travel to remote locations for recruitment purposes.
- Ability to lift and/or otherwise move 40 pounds.
- Willingness to travel for several weeks in the fall and in the spring and to work selected evenings and weekends.
Posting Number: SP001648P
Posting Date: 12/19/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
While this position remains open until filled, screening of applicants will begin on January 9, 2018.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1140996
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.