Associate Professor or Professor/Chair, Natural Resources and Environmental Design
Salary: 100,000 - 125,000
The Chairperson of this Department is expected to provide strategic and innovative leadership in building upon the excellent educational and research activities within the Department.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- planning, integrating and implementing departmental programs in teaching, research and outreach;
- providing leadership in supporting outstanding faculty, staff and students;
- fostering professional development (academic and research) of faculty, staff and students;
- encouraging and rewarding exemplary teaching and advising;
- promoting undergraduate and graduate student recruitment and retention;
- engaging in strategic planning, pursuing and encouraging the pursuit of appropriate internal and external funds;
- managing the Department’s human, financial and physical resources;
- representing departmental faculty interests to administrators, other academic departments and outside agencies, individuals and communities, and groups in agriculture and industry;
- enhancing governmental, industrial and community partnerships; and
- fostering interdisciplinary ties with appropriate departments and programs within the University.
The Department Chairperson administers state, national and international programs of the department and is administratively accountable to the Dean – College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, with additional reporting responsibilities to the Associate Dean for Academic Studies. The chairperson also works closely with the Associate Dean for Research. This is a 12-month faculty position with an administrative title that is secondary to the Chair’s faculty rank tenure-track position .