Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Art & Architecture
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $48,344.40 - $51,136.80 or commensurate with experience and market
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho's Art + Design and Curriculum and Instruction programs jointly seek applications for a full-time Assistant Professor in Art Education. The College of Art and Architecture and the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences welcome applications that demonstrate the ability to play an active role in supporting the collaborative cultures of two faculties.
Teaching and Advising: The Art Education faculty member directs the Art Major for the BS in Secondary Education/Art Degree in Curriculum and Instruction. Duties of this 3-3 teaching load include coursework addressing:
• Art/Design/Art Methods Courses
• MFA committee work
The faculty member will contribute to the development of curriculum and programming in art education. The ideal candidate will also be willing to develop programming in museum education. They will support students through academic advising, participate in graduate committees, uphold NASAD standards for programs in art education, attend regular faculty meetings and contribute to the collegiality of the programs.
Scholarship and Creative Activities: Faculty are expected to participate in advancing and maintaining active knowledge in Art Education. This focused research program must follow at least one of the following models of creative scholarly validation:
• Discovery (publication of historical, theoretical, artistic research, etc.)
• Teaching/learning (scholarly writing, paper presentations relating to pedagogy)
• Outreach/Application/Engagement (validated by peer reviewed publication)
• Artistic Creativity (curation and exhibition record, publications of visual work)
University Service and Leadership: Faculty members contribute to the shared governance of university, college and/or department committees.
Outreach and Extension: Faculty members provide support for program, college and university outreach efforts. The Art Education faculty member will contribute to the development of programming in museum education in support of outreach efforts in both colleges.
• Doctorate or MFA in Art Education or related field
• 3 years teaching experience in K-12 art education
• Evidence of ability to develop and deliver course content in Art Education courses
• Demonstrated knowledge of state standards governing teacher education
• Evidence of scholarly engagement
• Commitment to working in a culturally diverse environment
• Higher education teaching experience
• Creative activity in visual arts, especially photography or ceramics
• Creative activity in performing arts
• Evidence of experience in museum education
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000749P
Posting Date: 12/19/2018
Closing Date: 2/1/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Please submit the following documents with your application:
1. Letter of interest that clearly connects relevant experience job description including a concise bulleted list of how required qualifications are met
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Statement of teaching philosophy
4. A sample portfolio of student work (Please submit under "Other Document #1)
5. Statement of scholarly focus/creative research
6. A sample portfolio of scholarly work (Please submit under "Other Document #2)
7. List of 5 references (at least 3 representing teaching experience, please include names, titles, phone numbers and e-mail addresses and brief statement on your professional relationship)
8. Scan of terminal degree transcript
9. Sample syllabi/course materials (Please submit under "Other Document #3)
10. Evidence of effective teaching such as teaching evaluations (Please submit under "Other Document #4)
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1359202
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.