University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Science
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.67 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Provides communication leadership to the Center for Modeling Complex Interactions (CMCI ) to ensure effective internal and external communication in a variety of areas including web content, media, and a variety of published materials. Advances the CMCI reputation through purposeful and creative messaging that is tied to the strategic initiatives of CMCI . Writes, edits, and creates a variety of marketing materials in electronic and print format, including but not limited to event flyers, web content, brochures, posters, and promotional materials. Maintains the CMCI website. Assists with data collection for a variety of reports. Coordinates and promotes special events for high profile guests, special events, and meetings. Arranges and organizes meetings and events, including but not limited to scheduling, preparing agendas; arranging and managing guest travel; compiling and disseminating meeting materials; ordering catering; and securing meeting rooms. Provides primary administrative coordination support. Responsibilities include: coordinating and maintaining calendars; serving as a primary point of contact; providing excellent customer service; and assisting with day-to-day office operations. This staff position reports to the CMCI Program Manager.
• At least 3 years administrative or program support experience;
• Possess excellent grammar, writing, editing, and verbal skills;
• Established record of collaboration, professionalism and good intrapersonal skills with diverse constituents;
• Knowledge of creating and maintaining websites or other web applications;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe suites;
• Experience interpreting, applying, and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies, or services; composing a variety of business documents; researching, compiling, and summarizing data for reports; various office support functions;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and be self-motivated with minimal supervision
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, project management or related fields;
• Knowledge of the University of Idaho, its administrative policies and procedures, operations and services; communication and marketing principles;
• Evidence of high organizational skills with the ability to set priorities for assigned work to complete work assignments in a timely manner;
• Working knowledge of: Photoshop or other photo-editing programs, WordPress or other website management systems, InDesign or other desktop publishing programs, Zoho, RedCap or other web applications, Twitter or other social media platforms
• Experience coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements;
• Ability to understand varied fields of research and translate complex technical concepts into clear language for general audiences; pay attention to detail while working toward a broader goal; to learn and apply new knowledge
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001567P
Posting Date: 09/21/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To be considered your “Letter of Application” must address each of the minimum qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the preferred qualifications where relevant.
Application review will begin October 9, 2017 and will continue until a suitable candidate is found.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1090576
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer