University of Idaho
Community Nutrition Advisor III
Location: Idaho Falls
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $13.50 - $16.65 per hour
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Build partnerships and initiate collaborative programs with schools, food pantries, grocery retailers and/or community interests that represent social and environmental support systems for low income families and individuals. Educational programs developed and delivered will promote healthier food and physical activity choices for food stamp, also known as supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP ) recipients. This position will be based out of Twin Falls, Idaho.
• Experience in: nutrition, food safety and food resource management.
• Ability to: work with the public and partner agencies; teach and speak publicly; promote and communicate nutrition and health messaging; keep detailed records; maintain equipment/supplies; work independently, receive supervision; travel, work occasional weekends, after regular business hours.
• Possess: empathy and concern towards low income people.
• Willingness to: be self-motivated; work with diverse audience. To work number of hours specified in a two week pay period; participate in University of Idaho training and job orientation; travel to provide education in specified areas of Idaho; participate in bi-monthly University of Idaho educational trainings.
• Some knowledge of: food systems, data collection, research, computer operation and software programs.
Employment will be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background and driving investigation.
• Experience: teaching and marketing programs with agencies that target limited resource families; working with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds; using problem solving skills to help others identify alternatives; developing marketing tools and messaging; managing projects; keeping detailed and accurate records; creating presentations and charts using PowerPoint and Excel.
• Possess: valid driver’s license;
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001321P
Posting Date: 03/09/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to applicants who apply by March 27th, 2017. The position may remain open until filled.
Eat Smart Idaho staff are required to maintain a professional image for the betterment of the University of Idaho and Extension by acting as an advocate of the Land Grant University and its role in Idaho, the counties and communities; complying with the UI policy on affirmative action/equal opportunity as stated in the Faculty Staff Handbook by contributing to the University of Idaho Extension and local county Extension Affirmative Action Plans.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/979337
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.