Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Director for Assessment and Planning
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Student Affairs at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking nominations and applications for the position of Director for Assessment and Planning. Founded in 1867, the Illinois campus is one of the original 37 public land-grant institutions and is one of the top comprehensive research public universities in the nation. Student Affairs offers comprehensive services, programs and support that includes Student Support and Advocacy, Student Engagement and Success, Auxiliary, Health and Wellbeing Services, and the Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations. The successful candidate will be working with talented and diverse staff and student populations.
Reporting to the Senior Executive Director for Administrative Services, the Director for Assessment and Planning will lead the effort to develop, facilitate, and implement division wide assessment plans for student learning outcome and institutional effectiveness. The Director will also facilitate Student Affairs strategic planning to achieve the division’s mission and student success.
10. Review and approve Student Affairs research and assessment projects involving students.
· Master’s degree in Higher Education, Education, Counseling, or other related fields required; doctoral degree highly preferred.
· Minimum of seven years of assessment and evaluation experience in a higher education institution, showing progressive growth in responsibilities.
· Demonstrated ability to apply various research methods in co-curricular program evaluation and learning outcome analysis.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the Office for the Protection of Research Subjects, including attending to ethical practices in student affairs assessment and completing the human subjects research review process.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically to address emerging trends and issues in higher education while meeting student interests and needs.
· Prior experience in leading organizational strategic planning process.
· Ability to provide direction for a large and complex mix of programs and service operations.
· Proficiency with survey design, data collection techniques and software (such as CampusLabs, SurveyGizmo, Qualtrics).
· Ability to attend to details and ensure accuracy of data and reports.
· Effective interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
· Demonstrated experience working with a diverse student body, staff, faculty, and public.
· Strong quantitative and qualitative data analytics skills, with experience with one or more analytics software packages (for example, SPSS, SAS, NVIVO, ATLAS, or others).
· An ease in synthesizing data into productive information, including superior ability to manipulate large, complex text-based data sets into a visual context.
Appointment Status: This is a 12-month, full-time Academic Professional position.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Proposed Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Application Deadline: September 25, 2018
Application Procedures: For full consideration, create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload pdf versions of a cover letter of application, a resume, and the names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references by September 25, 2018. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, but no hiring decision will be made.
For additional information regarding the application procedures, please contact:
Office of Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Phone: (217) 333-1300
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu