University of Idaho
Director for Confucius Institute
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $80,326 or higher commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho seeks a Director for its Confucius Institute. Central to this role is a desire to engage the campus community and the State of Idaho in activities designed to foster a greater understanding of the Chinese culture and language.
Reporting to the Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Management, the Director is responsible for providing leadership and expertise in the development of international cultural programs for students, faculty, and staff and the communities within Idaho.
The Director is responsible, in collaboration with the Chinese Co-Director, for providing strategic leadership for the Confucius Institute and for developing a strategic plan that is consistent with the university's and Hanban's mission and vision. This position spearheads international initiatives specific to the Chinese cultural program; designs and implements Confucius Institute policies and procedures; directs Confucius Institute strategies to achieve the university strategic internationalization and diversity goals; ensures fiduciary stewardship and oversight of Confucius Institute budgets; manages department faculty and staff; develops and provides oversight of internal and external relationships through integration and collaboration with partners and constituents; ensures quality customer service for faculty, staff, students, and external clients; provides ongoing assessment to ensure that university international goals are achieved at they relate to the Confucius Institute; ensures smooth immigration transition processes for faculty, staff, and students; and promotes intercultural awareness/global competencies for members of the university community.
• Master Degree
• A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in international affairs, international advising, international programs or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current passport holder (or the ability to obtain a passport) with ability to obtain visa to travel to and from China.
• Demonstrated success in building strong international event programming.
• Administrative experience in international education at a higher education institution
• Evidence of the ability to lead others through strategic planning, program development, and program assessment and manage personnel, budget, and unit operations.
• Doctorate degree or other terminal degree
• Proficiency of Chinese language
• Familiarity with Confucius Institute Program
• Additional administrative professional experience in working with international or diverse cultures
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Normal office conditions
• Evening and weekend work required.
• Some international travel to China
Posting Number: SP001605P
Posting Date: 11/01/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position is open until filled, however, applications received prior to December 1, 2017 will received first consideration.
In addition to the online application, please submit a resume and a detailed letter of qualification addressing all of the minimum and preferred qualifications.
Position will remain open until a sufficient pool of candidates is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1116244
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.