University of Idaho
Director of Development
Division/College: University Advancement (Div)
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $74,806 - $91,005 annually
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The director of development is responsible for increasing major gift opportunities for the College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences in addition to the University of Idaho Library. Specific responsibilities include management of assigned prospects with cultivation activities, face-to-face visits, proposal development, identification and solicitation of major gifts ranging from $25,000 to $1,000,000 from individuals, corporations and foundations. The director provides oversight of the college's annual giving program and supervises additional advancement and college staff as needed. He/she is a key member of the college/unit fundraising team and works collaboratively to achieve fundraising goals for the college/unit.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years full-time professional experience in fundraising or related areas
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills
• Effective organizational and marketing skills
• Familiarity with database computer systems and applications
• Willingness to travel and work odd hours and weekends
• Experience with volunteer boards and committees
• Public relations or marketing experience
• Strong knowledge of development activities, preferably in higher education
• Experience or education in one of the college’s disciplines
• Experience in grant writing
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001608P
Posting Date: 11/02/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To be considered your “Letter of Qualification” must address each of the minimum qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the desired qualifications as relevant.
For first consideration, please apply by November 30, 2017.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1116252
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.