University of Idaho
Director, School of Family & Consumer Sciences
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with Market and Experience plus a 10% Stipend
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Director of the Margaret Richie School of Family and Consumer Sciences will provide dynamic leadership for the growth and quality of FCS's academic programs, research and scholarly activities, external funding through competitive grants as well as development, and delivery of exceptional Extension programming across Idaho. The Director will lead the effort to increase national and international recognition of FCS's innovative interdisciplinary programs.
This is an academic year appointment and summer salary will be provided.
• Doctoral degree in Family and Consumer Sciences or closely related field.
• Administrative experience within an institution of higher education.
• Ability to manage complex and varied budgets.
• Qualifications suitable for the rank of Full Professor with tenure, including a demonstrated and nationally recognized teaching and research/scholarly record.
• Experience with Extension programming in one or more of the subject matter areas of family and consumer sciences.
• Experience in land grant institutions.
• Significant record of success in obtaining extramural funding from nationally competitive research programs, private industry or other donors.
• Significant record of success in mentoring undergraduate and graduate students.
• Experience in accreditation processes for academic programs.
• Demonstrated ability to promote programs and accomplishments to external constituents.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000642P
Posting Date: 12/21/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Review of application materials will begin February 4, 2018 and continue until the position has been filled. All applications submitted prior to February 4, 2018 will be given first consideration.
Please have a 3 letters of reference submitted directly to the search coordinator at the following address:
University of Idaho
College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2335
Moscow, Idaho 83844-2335
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1143386
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.