Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
The University of Tennessee-Knoxville (UT-Knoxville) is seeking an Education and Training Consultant for the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Engagement. This position will join a newly created unit within UT-Knoxville, dedicated to aligning the University’s stated values regarding diversity, inclusion and engagement with its policies, practices, structures, climate, and culture. The Education and Training Consultant will play a critical role in helping to develop organizational capacity and effectiveness across the institution. The Consultant will also provide proactive educational opportunities with campus administrators to positively impact climate and culture. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the UT-Knoxville.
About the Position
The Consultant will create comprehensive and inclusive education and training programs across the University that are responsive to and appropriate for the diverse constituents at the university, including students, faculty, staff, senior academic and administrative leadership. The Consultant’s role will be to create an entirely new series of personalized programs and education platforms specifically focused on providing stakeholders with the skills, knowledge, and competence to effectively operationalize the University’s goals regarding diversity, inclusion and engagement. Additionally, the Consultant will work to manage the quality and content of diversity, inclusion and engagement education/training across the University with a specific focus on impact and consistency.
Under the leadership of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Engagement, the Consultant will collaborate with key stakeholders across the University to ensure that the Office of Diversity and Engagement is creating impactful, and measurable organizational change.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Bachelor Degree in Education, Business, Communications or Related Fields from an accredited institution.
· Experience leading and managing diversity, engagement, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
· Experience developing and conducting on-going diversity and inclusion training programs.
Preferred Job Qualifications
· Master's Degree or Terminal degree, in Education, Business, Communications or related field.
· 7-10 years of relevant work experience in diversity and inclusion training, human resources or related field.
· Experience working in a higher education institution.
· Active involvement in professional organizations that promote diversity and inclusion.
· Experience consulting with internal and external constituents to develop and implement change.
· Evidence of strong program design experience.
· Experience with budgetary management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Keen understanding of and experience in change management.
· Superb written and oral communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, including emotional intelligence and diplomacy.
· Strong facilitation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently to meet stated objectives.
· Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships.
· Ability to influence culture and behavior change, collaborate, and work adeptly with University administrators, managers, and staff members.