University of Idaho
Education Abroad Specialist
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $14.45/hour or higher to commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Education Abroad Specialist serves as the main point of contact for non-University of Idaho (UI) students applying to study abroad on University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC ) or KCP International (KCP ) programs through the UI. This position manages the Terra Dotta System for Education Abroad (a database and user interface system) managing all study abroad program information, application and post-application requirements for 35+ programs, reviews and processes student applications, researches and implements new modules in the software, creates reports, protocol, training, and other processes completed through the software. This position advises UI students from specific colleges and incoming exchange students on pre-arrival procedures and logistics, processes their applications; manages and audits student and program billing. This position collaborates internally with departments/colleges as well as externally with national/international organizations, partners, and U.S. government agencies and must maintain a thorough knowledge of a wide variety of programmatic partners as well as university practices and regulations.
The Education Abroad Specialist reports to the Director of Education Abroad.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 1 year of related work experience.
Experience in utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint programs.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally written.
• Ability to train and supervise others.
• Experience analyzing data, creating charts and graphs, and preparing reports.
• Ability to organize details of events.
• Ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Experience working with variety of students, faculty, and administrators.
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws relating to the program/project area.
• Master’s degree in related field.
• 3-5 years of related work experience.
• Experience with Terra Dotta data management/user interface system.
• Experience giving professional presentations.
• Previous significant international experience, studying, working, or living abroad.
• Fluency in a second language.
• Experience advising students in an academic setting.
• Experience working with international populations.
• Experience working in a University International Office.
• Experience working in Banner.
• Experience representing an institution at an international conference.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Some lifting, carrying, or otherwise moving 30 lbs. or less.
Posting Number: SP001698P
Posting Date: 02/14/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
The posting will remain open until filled, however, applications received by March 2, 2018 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1169545
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.