The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a short-term Education Specialist position in PDP’s Department of Early Childhood Training in Albany, NY. This position will end on 11/26/18.
Ensure that the training organizations receiving Educational Incentive Program (EIP) reimbursement and child care providers receiving scholarship assistance follow the standards and protocol of the EIP. Responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
· Review and analyze training organization records for compliance with EIP program requirements
· Document findings of program reviews and provide written correspondence to each reviewed program
· Provide unannounced monitoring of scheduled training to ensure delivery
· Perform analysis to draw appropriate conclusions and prepare written program compliance summary results
· Complete required reports and documentation as needed
· Other duties as assigned to meet contractual obligations
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, with a concentration in finance, business administration, management, or a related field.
2. Two years of relevant experience working with compliance-like activities and a practical understanding of basic financal management and analysis.
3. Attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision are essential.
4. A demonsrated ability to process and maintain materials of a confidential nature.
5. Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse groups.
6. Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
9. Demonstrated commitment and ability to follow through with vendors and customers.
10. Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
11. Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to monitor trainings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the high $40s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=99241.
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.