The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a full time Education Specialist position located in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties: This position is responsible for assisting in the implementation of the SUNY Child Care Subsidy Program and the Early Childhood Education and Training Program. Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Schedule and provide training for approved project audiences.
· Review training curriculum and materials for compliance with applicable State University of New York (SUNY) and Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) rules, regulations and policies.
· Assist in needs assessments and program evaluation and analysis.
· Complete project reports and documentation as required.
· Other duties as assigned to meet contractual obligations.
1) Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, demonstrated competence in adult learning theory and practice, two (2) years of experience in adult education and/or training.
2) Two (full time equivalent) years of experience teaching or training in the field of early childhood education, social services, or related field.
3) Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
4) Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
5) Excellent organizational skills.
6) Demonstrated ability to quickly master complex training content.
7) Demonstrated ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
8) Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
9) Able to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
10) Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
11) Ability to work variable hours and travel throughout NYS to areas that may not be served by public transportation as needed (55-65%).
12) Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
1) Educational degree in early childhood education, social services, human services or other related field.
2) Familiarity with government contracts and/or government regulations.
3) Ability to speak Spanish.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the mid to high $40’s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=83052. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.