University of Idaho
Enrollment Services Specialist
Division/College: College of Engineering
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $13.50 - $16.65 per hour
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position reports to the Associate Director of Engineering Outreach and is an integral part of the Engineering Outreach (EO) department within the College of Engineering. Comprehensively responsible for developing and creating an inviting and welcoming culture for students at a distance from first contact through successful completion of a degree program. Employs outstanding customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly developed analytic skills, and extensive policy expertise to promote the EO program and recruit new students, provide professional and responsive academic-related services for enrolled students, and perform complex administrative tasks. Responsible for providing advisory and enrollment assistance to prospective students, acting as a liaison between enrolled students and various UI departments, creating and maintaining an accounts receivable system for EO course fees and processing travel and purchasing documents for the EO department. Assists the College of Engineering's Associate Dean for Outreach and EO's Associate Director and works collaboratively with the EO staff. Working occasional evening and weekend hours and overnight travel is required.
• High school diploma, or 2 years of directly related experience
• Experience providing excellent customer service and interpreting, explaining and applying complex laws, policies or procedures
• Ability to effectively and articulately communicate, both verbally and in writing, with individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
• Ability to use independent judgment and discretion, and to consult with supervisor/administrators when needed regarding decisions made on behalf of program and the university that are appropriate, timely, and defensible
• Ability to maintain confidential records
• Experience entering and retrieving data using database, word processing, and spreadsheet software
• Knowledge of cashiering or maintaining an accounts receivable system
• Ability to research, organize, analyze and compile data into written reports
• Ability to solve problems; attend to details; set priorities; and meet deadlines to accomplish work objectives
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment to meet assigned goals and objectives
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, communication, student counseling, or related field
• Excellent knowledge of and good experience communicating UI policies, regulations and procedures
• Experience using UI Banner finance and student modules and VandalWeb systems
• Experience providing student services at UI or another institution of higher education
• Experience cashiering, maintaining an accounts receivable system and collections
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices and financial record keeping methods
• Knowledge of, or experience with, statistical analysis and reporting
• Project management experience
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Possess valid driver’s license
• Willingness and ability to occasionally working evening and weekend hours during high volume registration periods or for recruitment events
• Willingness and ability to occasionally travel overnight
Posting Number: SP001223P
Posting Date: 12/07/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Applications received by February 27, 2017 will receive first consideration.
Please address how you meet each of the position’s minimum and preferred qualifications in your letter of application.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/964016
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.