University of Idaho
Enterprise Developer 1
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.01 - $22.81/hr or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Responsible for analyzing user information technology needs and designing new or modifying current web-based applications systems; defining system requirements; performing applications programming; and providing end-user training. The Enterprise Development group within Information Technology Services (ITS ) provides application programming, development, maintenance and higher level customer support for colleges, departments, UI institutional applications, and members of the general campus community. The Enterprise Developer is responsible for database development/integration, documentation, client support, defect tracking, version control, and ongoing collaboration with web and graphic designers and content managers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Web Design or related field; OR
• Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Web Design or related field plus 2 years professional experience; OR equivalent combination of related education/experience totaling 4 years.
• Ability to write clear and concise documentation including requirements specifications, design documents, user manuals, test plans and email. This could include course work or anecdotal evidence.
• Ability to verbally communicate effectively with people from a wide variety of technical and non-technical backgrounds.
• Understanding of how to use/program databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL -Server and MySQL.
• Knowledge of working with application-based security models and software development techniques to prevent software security issues such as SQL injection.
• Five years of experience performing similar tasks or an equivalent combination of research experience and education.
• Demonstrated knowledge of: programming techniques; system analysis and design; software products; computer system concepts; database management; statistical methods used to evaluate data; capabilities of computer systems; and database design and procedures.
• Familiarity with standards and protocols such as ISO -9000, SSH , LDAP , FTP , HTTP .
• Training in Agile development methodology and SCRUM .
• Oracle Certified Professional (OCP ) certification highly desirable.
• Formal project management training or experience.
• Experience in Ellucian Banner environment.
• Experience with UNIX /LINUX operating systems.
• Working knowledge of XML and/or JSON concepts.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001357P
Posting Date: 04/07/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Open until filled by qualified candidate. Applications received by April 21, 2017 will receive first consideration.
Please provide a letter of qualifications addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/995914
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.