University of Idaho
Enterprise Systems Analyst 1
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.01 - $22.81/hourly or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Server Systems Analyst I is responsible for critical support of our enterprise systems by: maintaining essential server applications on heterogeneous hardware; performing system administration functions; creating and assisting in server support programs; developing and maintaining systems health and status monitoring and reporting, maintaining and enhancing server systems security; and providing related operational support and tasks. This position reports to the Server Systems Operations Manager.
• Associate’s Degree in Computer Technology (or a related field) with 2 years related experience or 3 years of related experience. All experience must be in server and related infrastructure support capacity.
• Experience with installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Microsoft Server or Linux operating systems and server applications.
• Experience with and knowledge of host IP configuration and functionality, including concepts necessary to troubleshoot DNS , network communication, and firewall rules related problems.
• Experience in troubleshooting hardware components such as motherboards, storage, networking devices, processors and memory.
• Experience in interacting with users and with vendor support to identify and resolve server hardware, operating system, and application problems.
• Knowledge of proper practices for working in a secure IT environment.
• Knowledge of Windows Server or Linux support applications and operations, including monitoring, security, patching, backups, and system management.
• Knowledge of server systems technologies, such as NTFS , virtualization, file servers, web servers, SAN /NAS .
• Understanding of basic network protocols such as SNMP , HTTP , LDAP , SSH , and SSL .
• Must have a flexible and professional attitude towards working hours.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Experience working in a higher education institution.
• Experience working with servers in an Active Directory environment.
• Experience with supporting systems and components of a data center environment such as rack mount hardware, structured cabling, UPS , power and cooling.
• Exposure to and willingness to work with both Linux and Windows Server.
• Knowledge of basic server infrastructure requirements, technology, and management.
• Skills in a scripting language.
• Experience working cooperatively and communicating effectively with management, colleagues, and end-users in a customer service driven environment.
• Experience with Dell server hardware, Commvault Simpana, centralized antivirus, and other centralized server management tools
• Demonstrated success working in a team environment and promoting the goals of the organization.
• A good knowledge of industry trends in computer hardware and software.
• Demonstrated record of delivering quality customer service and communicating effectively both verbally, in writing, and interpersonally.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Lifting and/or otherwise moving devices weighing up to 75 pounds.
• Ability to bend, squat, crawl and navigate confined spaces both under desks and behind equipment.
Posting Number: SP001329P
Posting Date: 03/15/2017
Closing Date: 3/29/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Please provide a letter of qualification addressing how you meet each minimum requirement and prefered requirement.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/981731
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.