University of Idaho
Events Technical Coordinator
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $13.50-$16.65/hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Work under the general direction of the Campus Events Manager by assisting in the audio and visual technical needs for University Support Services. This position will primarily oversee the planning, coordinating, and setting-up of audio and video systems for UI, community events, and Vandal Athletic events. Other focuses for this position will be on understanding and maintaining technical equipment inventories; leading large work crews; working with customers to meet their expectations; and familiarizing with the technical infrastructure of the ASUI -Kibbie Activity Center and other USS run venues.
• Two years of experience operating and maintaining a multi-channel audio system, and/or HD video distribution system
• Experience operating, maintaining, and installation of video equipment
• One year of experience scheduling, leading work of crews
• Valid driver’s license
• Pass a driver’s background check and a criminal background check and meet the University of Idaho driving requirements
Education and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in theater, music, radio-television, electronic technology or other related area, or equivalent experience
• Four or more years’ experience coordinating, operating and supervising stage/production systems relating to events; interpersonal skills and experience in supervising staff
• effective written and oral communications
• knowledge or experience in computer programing and operation
• ability to learn NCAA rules and regulations as they pertain to this position
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Stand and squat on catwalks and beams 70+ feet above floor level
• Lift 50 lbs
• Work on ladders
• Perform rigging
• Read and interpret blueprints
• Work in enclosed spaces and dusty environments
• Work extended hours with variable schedules including evening, nights, weekends and holidays to meet production deadlines
Posting Number: SP001353P
Posting Date: 04/07/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position is open until filled by qualified candidate. Applications received by April 21, 2017 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/995276
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.