Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extension Educator – 4-H Youth Development (Lincoln, Logan, McPherson Counties)
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Would you like to make a positive difference in young people’s lives? Do you have the drive to help us create engaging learning opportunities for youth and adult volunteers? Can you be a strong regional expert and develop focused learning experiences that inspire young scientists along with other opportunities to help young people achieve their potential? University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension is an organization that values individuals who excel, adapt easily, exhibit passion for helping others, and are excellent communicators. As a member of the UNL Extension team you will collaborate with research and extension faculty who are leaders in their field. You will work with high performing teams to create and deliver world class, innovative learning experiences that empower Nebraskans to improve their lives around critical issues.
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time faculty position located in North Platte, Nebraska and serving Lincoln, Logan, and McPherson Counties in Nebraska. The focus of this position will be 4-H Youth Development with an emphasis on inspiring young scientists. 4-H youth development program targets the following signature outcomes: a) science education (including animal science); b) agricultural literacy; c) career exploration; d) community leadership and civic engagement; and e) healthy living.
· Master’s degree required; one degree in youth development, agricultural or science education or closely related field. Master’s degree must be completed by start date.
· Successful experience teaching in a formal or informal setting.
· Demonstrated communication skills (publications, presentations, web and social media).
· Experience and demonstrated ability in working with youth and youth organizations, including understanding of positive youth development and youth program management.
· Experience in working with individuals, coworkers, and teams to accomplish individual and/or group goals, as evidenced by college, career, and/or community activities.
· Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
· Ability to utilize electronic and online technologies for educational program delivery.
· Understanding of different ethnic and socioeconomic audiences and a commitment to developing and delivering both inclusive and targeted programming.
· Successful experience in developing financial support for educational programs including grant writing, fund generation, contracting and/or cost recovery efforts.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and programs.
· Demonstrated experience/training in the recruitment, training, mentoring and management of volunteers.
· Experience teaching youth audiences.
· Demonstrated ability to network with schools, agencies, businesses and communities.
Review of applications will begin on January 21, 2019. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found or search is closed. Candidates must apply online at http://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_180223). Click “Apply for this position;” or sign on and complete or review existing Information Form. You will be required to attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of three professional references
- Transcripts (official or unofficial), or grade report listing courses taken, the institution where they were taken and final grade, must be attached to the online application (as “Other Document”), attached to an email and sent to email@example.com, or faxed to 402-624-8010. Please make sure to black out your social security number before you send or upload your transcripts/grade report.