Extension Educator - Entomology Specialist
Salary: $55,000 - $62,100
This is a professional Extension Educator position with a 100% extension appointment. The successful candidate will direct, manage and teach the entomological educational components of the UMass Extension Landscape, Nursery and Urban Forestry Program to address the diverse and dynamic entomological needs of landscape professionals and nursery growers at the state and regional level through educational programs, applied research, and on-site projects. Serve as the primary rapid responder on entomological outbreaks and issues that occur in the state and serve as the coordinator with other specialists in this expertise area. Advise and consult with industry clientele and staff seeking research based information. Provide oversight and leadership for the development of comprehensive program materials for statewide and regional use, including guides, articles, web and social media content, and fact sheets.
The following are all required:
- MS in Entomology or related field and 5 years of professional experience.
- Knowledge of woody ornamental plants, maintenance and production systems and pest management, preferably those in the Northeastern US.
- Demonstrated ability to use current electronic media for education and outreach.
- Ability to maintain a diverse schedule of local, regional, and statewide activity that is not restricted by access to public or private transportation.
- Ability to engage in field-based projects and activities to meet program needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and group process skills; and demonstrated ability to participate effectively in professional team efforts and with diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated ability to implement effective educational programs with diverse audiences.
- Ability to obtain drivers' license by time of hire and MA pesticide applicator's license or certification within 90 days.
- Some night and weekend work is required.
Doctoral/terminal degree in entomology or related specialization and 3 years professional experience preferred.
Hiring Salary Range: $55,000-$69,200. Normal Starting Salary: $55,000-$62,100.
PROFESSIONAL STAFF ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM POSITION LEVEL: 29
Please submit a curriculum vitae, a letter of application that includes a statement of extension interests, experience, and professional goals relevant to this position, contact information of three references, and unofficial transcripts from universities attended. For questions regarding this application process, please e-mail Search Chair, Kathleen Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Priority Deadline is July 13, 2015