Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Idaho
Extension Educator-Cropping Systems/Elmore County
Location: Off Campus Location - Elmore County Extension/Mountain Home
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $43,000 - $48,000
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Extension Educator will provide leadership for the identification, assessment, coordination and delivery of multi-county crop production programs related to crop and pest management, and soil science in irrigated cropping systems (80%). In addition, the Educator will provide supervision for the county 4-H Youth Development program (10%, Elmore County funds a full time 4-H Program Coordinator who conducts county 4-H club programs), and serve as chair of the Elmore County Extension Office (10%).
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution in field of study related to Agronomy, Plant Science, Farm Management, Soil Science, or closely related area (the required degree must be completed by the date of hire).
• Ability to organize and work with people.
• Computer literacy and effective written communication skills.
• Ability to teach and lead group problem-solving and decision-making.
• Competence in using technology for program delivery, record keeping and reporting, and team-based communications.
• Must be willing and able to travel and to participate in evening and weekend programs.
• The successful candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check.
• At least 3 years of experience in Extension education or demonstrated ability and skill in plant science, farm management, or soil science (relevant experience acquired within the last 5 years preferred).
• Ability to communicate in Spanish, both orally and in writing.
• Experience in disseminating results through scholarly outlets.
• Demonstrated skills in organization and management.
• Demonstrated drive and initiative; proven ability to work with people of all socioeconomic levels and backgrounds.
• Ability to adapt research materials for effective oral and written presentations.
• Ability to work well in a team and provide effective instruction, support, marketing and promotion for Extension programs.
• Supervisory experience and proven ability to lead and mentor others.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000455P
Posting Date: 09/23/2016
Closing Date: 10/23/2016
Open Until Filled: No
In addition to the application documents requested with this application, please have 3 letters of recommendation that address the candidate’s qualifications for this position (generic letters of qualification will not be considered) sent to the following address:
Patrick Momont, Search Chair
UI Extension, Southern District
1904 E. Chicago St., Ste. AB
Caldwell, ID 83605
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/884834
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.