University of Idaho
Extension Faculty - Small Farms
Location: Off Campus Location - Payette County/Payette
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $46,000.00 - $50,000.00
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Extension Educator will provide leadership in small farm and food systems Extension programming for county, multi-county, and the district (90%). The educator will provide assistance in university outreach where appropriate. They will plan, develop, implement, evaluate, and report small farm production and management programs for small farm producers and small acreage landowners. In addition, the Educator will provide county and multi-county program support for 4-H Youth Development in their area of expertise (10%).
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a field of study related to Agriculture, Farm Management, Extension Education or a closely related discipline (the required degree must be completed by the date of hire).
• Ability to organize and work with people.
• Computer literacy and good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to teach and lead group problem-solving and decision-making.
• Competence in using technology for program delivery, record keeping and reporting, and team-based communications.
• Ability to provide organizational structure and support for a variety of individuals and groups.
• Must be willing and able to travel and participate in evening and weekend programs.
• At least 3 years of experience in Extension Education or demonstrated ability and skill in Agriculture or Farm Management (relevant experience acquired within the last 5 years preferred).
• Ability to work well in a team and provide effective instruction, support, marketing and promotion for Extension programs.
• Ability to adapt research materials for effective oral and written presentations.
• Experience in disseminating results through scholarly outlets.
• Demonstrated skills in organization and management.
• Previous experience working with underserved, un-served and minority audiences.
• Knowledge of Hispanic culture and ability to communicate in Spanish, both orally and in writing.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000665P
Posting Date: 03/06/2018
Closing Date: 4/8/2018
Open Until Filled: No
In addition to the applicant documents requested with this application, please have three (3) letters of recommendation that address the responsibilities of this position sent to the following address (generic letters of recommendation will not be considered):
Patrick Momont, District Director
UI Extension, Southern District
1904 E. Chicago St., Ste. AB
Caldwell, ID 83605
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1182026
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.