University of Idaho
Extension Nutrition & Health Specialist
Location: Moscow, Boise
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $65,000 - $75,000
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho Department of Family and Consumer Sciences seeks an Extension Specialist to join the Family and Consumer Sciences team. The position is a 12-month tenure track position; 70% Outreach and Extension, 25% Scholarship and Creative Activities; 5% University Service & Leadership. Salary commensurate with qualifications/experience.
This is an Assistant Professor/Associate Professor position with responsibilities focused on providing research based educational programs that meet the needs of the department as well a leadership and coordination on a statewide basis.
The successful candidate will develop an externally funded, internationally recognized research and extension program focusing on Health and Nutrition.
This position will require presentation of research seminars, participation in professional meetings, and publishing in refereed journals. Research-based information will be delivered to clientele groups at appropriate meetings and through extension publications and appropriate media outlets. Funding for extension and research programming will be obtained from external competitive grants.
Location of the position will be determined by final applicants' preference to be located in Moscow, Idaho or Boise, Idaho.
• Ph.D. required in Nutritional Sciences/Human Nutrition, Public/Community Health, Health Communications or closely related field by date of hire.
• Minimum 2 years experience in community nutrition programs/public health interventions.
• Basic understanding of the Cooperative Extension System, the land-grant university.
• Ability to provide leadership and coordinate nutrition education programs that address nutrition needs throughout the life cycle.
• Evidence of effective teaching ability and skills in university and/or community-based programs.
• Ability to conduct research and evaluation projects.
• Ability to support Extension educators in their scholarship efforts.
• Knowledge, skill and experience in the use of computers and distance learning technology for educational programming and management.
• Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to adapt research materials for effective oral and written presentations and documents.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively reach and work with diverse audiences.
• Ability and willingness to travel, and valid driver’s license (monthly reimbursement provided).
• Extension or similar work experience in formal or non-formal community education.
• In-depth coursework and experience with educational program evaluation.
• Experience in web development, social media and/or distance education and communication.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000627P
Posting Date: 11/01/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by January 2, 2018 will have first consideration.
Position will remain open until a sufficient pool of candidates has been identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1113811
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.