Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position will be located on the campus of N.C. A&T State University.
Provides educational leadership state-wide for the Cooperative Extension Program at North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University in Extension program planning, implementation, evaluation, and the management of the accountability process for its research based, integrative statewide programs to better meet the needs of limited-resource and socially-disadvantaged audiences. Provides guidance and training for Extension County and Campus based Program staff in developing and administering program planning, implementation, assessment, and reporting strategies and techniques, consistent with the philosophy, policy and overall mission, goals and educational objectives of the North Carolina A&T Cooperative Extension Program. This position is also responsible for reporting program impacts and results to relevant stakeholder groups.
The Program Development and Evaluation Specialist 1) works with North Carolina State University’s program and organizational development leader, program evaluation state leader, and evaluation and accountability coordinator to ensure that the state’s Evaluation and Reporting System (ERS) reflects the needs of NC A&T’s Cooperative Extension Program; 2) provides leadership and collaboration with appropriate administrators, program leaders and others in the development of program accomplishment materials to be provided to policy makers and other special audiences; 3) develops educational materials and training opportunities focusing on program planning, implementation, evaluation, and accomplishment reporting, strategies for campus-based and county level Extension staff; and 4) develops, in conjunction with the Cooperative Extension Program management team and the Agricultural Research Program staff, strategies and procedures for program evaluation and accountability efforts that meet local, state and federal accountability and reporting requirements.
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF ORGANIZATION UNIT:
The Cooperative Extension Program at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is an educational outreach organization within the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences. Cooperative Extension at A&T provides researched-based educational information, programming and technical assistance to limited-resource audiences that address a diverse range of issues in four programmatic areas – Agriculture and Natural Resources, Family and Consumer Sciences, Community and Rural Development, and 4-H Youth Development. Together with its partners – North Carolina State University Cooperative Extension Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, state and county governments, a dynamic and resourceful system is formed. In addition to campus operations, The Cooperative Extension Program has professionally staffed offices in almost half of the 100 counties in North Carolina and the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indian Nation. For additional information, please visit (http://www.ncat.edu).
- Earned Ph.D. or Ed.D. from an accredited university in a field related to the duties of this position, such as evaluation education, measurement, adult education, psychology, agricultural education, or extension education.
- Demonstrated skills in program evaluation and social science research methodology.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of computers, including internet, word processing, spreadsheets and database management programs.
- Experience with statistical analysis and various statistical software.
- Teaching and training experience in formal and/or non-formal educational settings.
PREFERRED YEARS EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, TRAINING, EDUCATION:
In addition to the Ph.D., three or more years of professional experience in Cooperative Extension or educational program evaluation.
- Experience planning, implementing, marketing and evaluating educational programs.
- Ability to interact and gain support from constituencies outside the university such as business and industry, state and federal agencies and non-profit and private foundations.