Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
University of Illinois Extension
EXTENSION SPECIALIST - FAMILY & CONSUMER SCIENCE (EVALUATION) - 110378
The Extension Specialist, Family and Consumer Science (Evaluation) serves as a regular, full time, 12 month academic professional. This position is part of the Extension faculty with primary responsibility for overseeing the evaluation of education programs in the division of the Extension Family and Consumer Sciences program. The position is part of the leadership team for the $17 M community nutrition education programs funded through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) and Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) within the Family and Consumer Science division of University of Illinois Extension. This position will be responsible for developing and providing statewide evaluation strategy, leadership in impact reporting, and ensuring the division has knowledge of evaluation principles for the program.
One full time position is available.
Location: Champaign-Urbana Campus
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
Specific responsibilities of the Extension Specialist, Family and Consumer Science (Evaluation) are as follows:
Program/Instructional Development and Implementation
Organizational Leadership, Development, and Evaluation
· Collaborate with leadership team members on conducting internal program reviews to assess accomplishments and areas for improvement.
· Represent FCS on the Extension teams.
· Establish and maintain relationships across the campus, state, multi-state region or nation with program stakeholders and other nutrition education programs.
· Represent EFNEP/SNAP-Ed on state and national task force and working groups
· Contribute to the overall vision of Family and Consumer Science.
Research and Development
· Comply with all University of Illinois Extension Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of Extension work; assist Unit staff with data collection for Affirmative Action, Gender, and Targeted reports.
· Perform other duties that contribute to University of Illinois Extension programming, as assigned.
· Local, regional, and statewide travel required; personal transportation required.
The Extension Specialist, Family and Consumer Science (Evaluation) is administratively responsible to the Assistant Dean, Family and Consumer Science.
· Master’s degree in family and consumer science, adult education, human nutrition, community health or public health from an accredited institution of higher education. Candidates with a Master’s degree in progress may be considered for interviews, but degree must be completed by hire date. At least 5 years of relevant experience with community based programs. Experience evaluating community based educational programs. Experience collecting data using mixed methods. Understanding and experience working with diverse audiences, especially families with limited resources. Strong oral and written communication skills. Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and teamwork as well as the ability to work independently.
This position is a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Generous vacation and sick leave. State Universities Retirement System. Group health, dental, vision and life insurance.
To apply, go to https://go.illinois.edu/110378. Log in to your account and upload a cover letter and resume, as well as the names and contact information of three professional references. Resume dates must be in month/year format and employment history, at a minimum, should include all work dating back to the completion of your undergraduate degree. Positions that were less than full-time/100% must be noted as being part-time. Transcripts may be requested at a later date. To receive full consideration, all requested application materials must be submitted via the online system by the close date of March 29, 2019.
For further information about the positions, please contact Search Chair, Zach Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical assistance with the online application process, call 217-333-6747 or email email@example.com.