Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Idaho
Farm-to-ECE Program Coordinator
Location: Off Campus Location - Central District (Blaine County)
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $45,199 annually or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Farm to Early Care and Education (ECE ) is a critical strategy that addresses early childhood health by decreasing the risk of obesity through developing healthy eating habits, increasing access to fresh food, and experiential learning through food-related activities. Farm-to-ECE involves implementing one or more of three key elements: 1) procurement of local/regional food, 2) education with activities related to agriculture and foods, and 3) contact with growing food, such as through community or school gardens and/or local farm visits. Farm-to-ECE has been associated with increased fruit and vegetable consumption at school and at home, greater willingness to try new foods, and increased knowledge on healthy eating, gardening, farming, and a better awareness of where food comes from. In addition, Farm-to-ECE has an economic advantage for local producers, processors, and distributors.
Through a Maternal and Child Health Services Title Block Grant, University of Idaho Extension and the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare will develop, train, and implement Farm-to-ECE for child care providers in south-central Idaho.
The Farm-to-ECE Program Coordinator will be the core team member helping to develop the toolkit, implementing the toolkit, training daycare providers, and coordinating with the UI team to evaluate program outcomes.
• Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, nutrition/health, or other related field is required.
• Demonstrated ability to design and teach innovative and effective educational programs and curriculum development.
• Demonstrated experience working directly with diverse children and adult audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership for Extension programming, and provide marketing and promotion of University of Idaho, 4-H, and the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.
• Experience working with toddlers and preschool age youth.
• strong verbal, written, listening, public speaking/presentation skills, and computer skills.
• possess good problem-solving skills, conflict management, relationship building and leadership development.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Experience with curriculum development
• Knowledge of healthy eating, whole foods, and wellness education.
• Knowledge of Hispanic culture and ability to communicate in Spanish, both verbally and written. Bilingual candidates with previous experience working with underserved and minority audiences are preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with mass media (social media, TV, Internet, radio, newspapers).
• Demonstrated ability to work with various technology tools for social media, remote meetings (Zoom), and developing materials.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise move training supplies up to 50 pounds.
• Must be willing to work the occasional evening and weekend as needed to implement program, although the majority of the work will be completed during regular office hours.
• Will require travel to various locations throughout the county.
Posting Number: SP002016P
Posting Date: 11/30/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to those who apply by January 1, 2019. The position will remain open until suitable applicant is identified.
In addition to submitting the online application, please submit a resume and write a letter of qualification addressing how you meet EACH minimum qualification and any preferred qualifications.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1346246
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.