University of Idaho
Grant Compliance Accountant
Division/College: University Research (Div)
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $55,420 per year or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Under the direction of the Cost Accounting Unit Manager, assesses risk and performs reviews of service centers and sponsored projects to ensure compliance with, federal and sponsor regulations, and University policies and procedures. Prepares, analyzes and reviews financial records and documents, accounting systems, work papers, budgets, payroll records, and other related documents. Prepares reports of findings and makes recommendations to Financial Unit Manager. Communicates with University personnel to provide guidance and training on fiscal compliance with sponsored project policies, procedures, and regulations. Serves as a representative of Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP ) and facilitates the advancement of knowledge related to research administration, policies and procedures through training and attendance at professional meetings and other training events.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Bachelor’s degree in Business with at least 20 credit hours in Accounting and 1 year of progressive experience working in a relevant accounting field (Master of Accountancy can replace working experience)
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of standard accounting principles and budgeting procedures.
• Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices.
• Knowledge of ethics and confidentiality principles and practices.
• Make sound decisions by applying policies and procedures and using available resources.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers and the public.
• Work independently and with limited supervision.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a variety of constituents.
• Analyze information and research a variety of sources to identify and resolve problems or issues.
• Manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, multitask and complete tasks with multiple interruptions and distractions.
• Preparing financial statements and financial management reports.
• Scheduling financial analysis and analyzing and interpreting financial information and reports.
• Using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and other database computer programs.
• Experience using the Banner database system.
• Establishing and monitoring internal controls
• Interpreting, explaining and applying laws, regulations, and policies.
• Assisting in the education of individuals in policy and procedures.
• Assessing risk and conducting audits to ensure compliance
• Monitoring and evaluating account activity.
• Knowledge of the University of Idaho policies, regulations and administrative practices.
• Knowledge of grant and contract accounting,
• Knowledge of Federal regulations governing cost principals and research compliance for educational institutions.
• Knowledge of grant and contract administration processes and procedures.
• Knowledge of financial reporting, cost and managerial accounting.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001579P
Posting Date: 09/26/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Preferential review of applicants begin on October 24, 2017 and will continue until a suitable pool of applicants is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1093406
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.