College of Agricultural Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
University of Illinois Extension
Grants and Contracts Coordinator – A1600459
The Grants and Contracts Coordinator serves as a regular, full time, 12 month academic professional with primary responsibility for overseeing all grant financial activity, including Smith-Lever Formula Grant, for the Office of Extension and Outreach (UIE) to ensure compliance with all grant guidance and regulations. This person will also serve as counsel for all Principle Investigators in creating budgets and spending plans for grant submissions.
One full time position is available.
Location: Urbana-Champaign Campus
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
Specific responsibilities of the Grants and Contracts Coordinator are as follows:
- Develop and provide financial plans and reports associated with the administration of the Smith-Lever, SNAP, EFNEP, and other grants awarded to UIE. This includes expenditure spending reports and forecasts requested by funding agencies.
- Serve as the UIE point of contact with campus and other university, state, and federal business offices and take responsible actions based upon this role.
- Use independent judgment to provide analysis and support to professional staff in grant preparation and management. Collect, maintain, and prepare data necessary for such analyses.
- Take actions necessary for the accurate administration of grants, including monitoring application status, tracking award process, establishing sub-awards, confirming expenditures, performing employee labor distributions, and reconciling accounts.
- Develop and provide financial reports for the UIE director and principal investigators related to federal UIE funding and UIE grant funded projects.
- Facilitate the grant proposal submission process, including pre-award, post award, and sub award requirements.
- Ensure unit compliance with university, state and federal financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining all data records necessary to comply with university, state and federal matching fund/cost share requirements.
- Participate in grant funded projects that advance the mission of the organization.
- Assure the administrative requirements associated with federal appropriations, cost sharing, matching funds, unit administered grants, contracts and cooperative agreements are attained.
- Utilize grant submission and tracking programs including grants.gov, grants.online, and other online grant systems.
- Provide recommendations and implement processes that improve the grant management of the UIE programs.
- Review financial transactions that include verification of the information, the availability of funds, allowable costs, and processing for application in the university accounting system.
- Independently compose correspondence to agencies, partners and other university units based upon knowledge of departmental programs and requirements associated with established financial and grant management procedures and policies.
- Comply with all Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of Extension work; assist unit staff with data collection for affirmative action, gender, and targeted reports.
- Perform other duties that further the mission of University of Illinois Extension as assigned.
Administrative Relationship: The Grants and Contracts Coordinator is administratively responsible to the Associate Director, Budget and Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field from an accredited institution of higher education. Minimum of three years of financial procedures experience in a large institutional setting, with a particular focus on grant management. Minimum of 3 years of experience with grant pre- and post- award administration and federal agency grant processes. Advanced knowledge, expertise, and skills in finance and budget management. Ability to act independently and use sound judgment in responding on behalf of UIE. Strong customer service orientation and desire to solve problems. Excellent analytical skills and abilities and written and verbal communications skills. Knowledge of Federal Office of Management and Budget regulations related to grant management. Demonstrated ability to develop additional required skills and knowledge is important.
- Three or more years working with Smith-Lever, EFNEP, and/or SNAP federal grants. Experience using the UI Enterprise Applications and business systems. Knowledge of University grant management procedures.
The position is a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure, academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Generous vacation and sick leave. State Universities Retirement System. Group health, dental, vision and life insurance.
Application Procedure: To apply, go to http://go.illinois.edu/A1600459. Log in to your account and upload a cover letter and resume (all dates should be in month/year format), as well as the names and contact information of three professional references. Transcripts may be requested at a later date. To receive full consideration, all requested application materials must be submitted via the online system by the close date of October 21, 2016.
For further information about the position please contact Amanda Taylor at email@example.com. For technical assistance with the online application process, call 217-333-6747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity ( www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).