University of Idaho
Idaho STARS Advisor
Location: Twin Falls
Division/College: College of Education
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.56 - $17.51 per hour
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Regional Quality Child Care Consultant under the direction of the lead consultant helps support the regional office in meeting the goals of the IdahoSTARS program by recruiting child care providers to the Idaho Child Care Program (ICCP), the IdahoSTARS Professional Development System (PDS), and the Quality Rating & Improvement System (QRIS). Consultants are responsible for providing consultation services, resources, and technical assistance to child care providers and registry participants.
- Experience with conducting adult workshops and/or providing training (small and large groups);
- Experience providing liaison with Customer/provider groups;
- Quality inclusive care; computer literate to include database experience;
- Gathering, assembling, correlating, and analyzing facts;
- Devising solutions to problems;
- Writing concise reports;
- Interpreting federal or state regulations/guidelines.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar in composing written statements;
- Manage a variety of projects simultaneously;
- Portray a professional demeanor; work evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or related field with coursework in child development and minimum of two years successful experience in the field of early care and education; or Associate Degree in early childhood with five years experience in the field of early care and education.
- Health Consultant Training – 60 hour curriculum, and enrollment in the IdahoSTARS Registry, and completion of Mentoring Training
- Must possess a good understanding of the written and spoken English and Spanish languages utilizing appropriate grammar and accurate spelling
Posting Number: SP001632P
Posting Date: 11/30/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applicants need to address each individual minimum qualification, along with preferred qualifications that apply, in their letter of qualification.
Applications received by December 17, 2017, will receive first consideration. Position will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1145197
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.