University of Idaho
Center on Disabilities and Human Development
IdahoSTARS Child Care Health Consultant
Location: Off Campus Location - Pocatello
Division/College: College of Education, Health and Human Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $23.00 per hour
Full/Part Time: Part Time
This position promotes healthy and safe child care by assisting with program policy development and implementation of quality health, safety, and nutrition practices in early care and education settings. This position provides coaching, training, and resources to child care directors and providers, families, and regional and statewide partners.
• Licensed health professional with education and experience in child and community health. Must have at least a bachelor’s degree in a health related field. May include professionals such as pediatric nurses, community health nurses, physician assistants or health educators.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Means and ability to travel to site visits in assigned regional areas and possess valid driver’s license (mileage will be reimbursed for travel)
• Applicants who are selected as final candidates must pass criminal background checks.
• Health and safety standards in child care
• Injury prevention for children
• Oral health of children
• Inclusion of children with special health care needs in child care settings
• Safe medication administration
• Safe sleep practices and policies
• Immunization schedules for children
• State health laws, federal and state education laws, and state professional practice acts for licensed professionals
• Knowledge and experience related to early care and education
• Working on an interdisciplinary team
• Developing and implementing health and safety policies
• Conducting adult workshops/training
• Knowledge of developmental screening tools and procedures for use
• Specialized training in child care health consulting
• Endorsement in Early Childhood Mental Health
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001657P
Posting Date: 12/18/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applicants need to address each individual minimum qualification, along with preferred qualifications that apply, in their letter of qualification.
Applications received by January 21, 2018, will receive first consideration. Position will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1139702
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.