Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Engineering
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.01 - $22.81/hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The College of Engineering (COE ) IT Analyst is responsible for providing a robust and reliable desktop computing environment for multiple departments and research groups within the COE . Through team leadership and collaboration, the COE IT Analyst ensures the continuous operation of desktop software and hardware, located in multiple buildings. The COE IT Analyst is responsible for relationships with various vendors and for communicating with other COE groups and Information Technology Services, to ensure continuous computing services. The COE IT Analyst will collaborate with the other IT personnel, within COE and the University, to create an efficient IT environment for the COE .
• Bachelor’s degree in an information technology-related field OR 4+ years of experience in professional desktop support
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Strong writing and documentation skills
• Excellent conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work with a considerable amount of independence and autonomy
• Demonstrated record of delivering quality customer service
• Demonstrated knowledge of troubleshooting computer software, hardware, and associated peripherals
• Bachelor’s degree in an information technology-related field AND 4+ years of experience in professional desktop support
• Extensive professional-level knowledge of Windows and Mac OS
• Experience with networks and a working knowledge of Linux
• Expert knowledge of desktop management, including operating system deployment, application deployment, and patch management
• Experience working in a multiple disciplinary university environment
• Success working in a team environment and promoting the goals of the organization
• Experience in personnel evaluations, managing budgets, and purchasing
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• The ability to lift and/or otherwise move 50 lbs.
Posting Number: SP000992P
Posting Date: 06/16/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration to those who apply by July 7, 2016.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/828966
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.