University of Idaho
Library Faculty, Science Librarian
Division/College: General Library (Div)
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: 45,000
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho Library invites applications from innovative and service-oriented individuals for the position of Library Faculty with an emphasis in the Sciences. This position will work closely with the Head of User and Research Services and the reference/liaison team and serve as the Library's liaison to the College of Science. An ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, an agile and flexible approach to working with instructional technology, and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment. As a member of the Orbis Cascade Alliance, the Library collaborates extensively with thirty-eight other academic libraries in the Pacific Northwest.
• Master’s degree from an ALA -accredited library program or the equivalent
• Evidence of a broad knowledge of print and electronic information sources
• Evidence of teaching abilities
• Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills including effective presentation skills
• Familiarity with current technologies used in libraries; strong, enthusiastic commitment to innovative public service
• Ability to work effectively, independently, and collaboratively in a collegial environment
• Ability to meet requirements for promotion and tenure
• Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline
• Two years of relevant subject liaison or collection development experience in a STEM field
• Two years of demonstrated experience with instruction or outreach to STEM students in an educational context
• Reference experience
• Academic library experience
• Experience in selecting and developing library collections
• Instruction experience
• Demonstration of creativity or innovation in library services
• Experience with project planning and assessment
• Evidence of ability to provide service through electronic delivery methods
• Knowledge of data management best practices and metadata schema
• Evidence of scholarly engagement in the field of library or information sciences.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Ability to lift and/or otherwise move 35 lbs and to work in an environment that may contain dust/mold.
Posting Number: F000521P
Posting Date: 01/17/2017
Closing Date: 3/10/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/958616
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.