University of Idaho
Division/College: Provost (Div)
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $13.50 - $16.65/hour
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Work collaboratively with the Director of Operations for the Provost/EVP and the Executive Assistant to the Vice Provosts to provide administrative support for the functions of the Provost and Vice Provost Offices. Assist in the daily operations, act as the front office contact and liaison for internal and external constituents, coordinate delegated faculty affairs functions, oversee events and logistics for training and meetings and assist with special projects; and handle highly sensitive and confidential information in a high volume, fast paced, collaborative office structure in a professional demeanor.
• Approximately four years’ experience working in an academic environment or executive office providing secretarial and/or administrative support;
• Strong working knowledge of office equipment and computer skills using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and similar programs;
• Familiarity with interpreting, applying, and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies, processes, and guidelines;
• Strong demonstration of ability to produce professional business documents with accuracy.
Experience receiving and referring inquiries and visitors;
• Strong knowledge/experience using calendaring software to schedule meetings;
• Strong understanding of managing paper and electronic records and best record retention practices;
• Experience handling confidential information and discretion with highly sensitive information and situations;
• Demonstrated ability to successfully use word processing software to compose a variety of professional business documents (including merges);
• Demonstrated ability to successfully use spreadsheet software to develop calculations (write simple functions) to compile data for reports;
• Demonstrated ability to use email and web software to send and receive communications, information, and process business transactions;
• Demonstrated ability, with minimal supervision, to independently coordinate/process delegated assignments, sometimes with complexity;
• Ability to take initiative to plan and complete assigned projects; recognize errors and solve problems to make improvements short and long-term;
• Demonstrated success in providing administrative assistance while balancing numerous tasks/assignments with accuracy and interruption;
• Working knowledge of Banner modules.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001324P
Posting Date: 03/13/2017
Closing Date: 3/31/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/980906
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.