University of Idaho
Manager Educational Resources
Division College: Auxiliary Services
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.55 - $19.18/hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Buying Manager of Educational Resources is responsible for the oversight and management of the Educational Resource buying, and supervision of said team at the VandalStore. In addition, the manager has shared coordination of the educational resource sales activity at the VandalStore. This includes coordination and direction of the educational sales team members and shared responsibility for the results of the department.
The position with the team members is responsible for the appropriate educational team product mix to ensure the student success:
• Manage and train on; open-to-buy plan and meet predetermined budget plans; revenue/profitability, margin, turns, and key metric targets;
• Meet and exceed customer service standards;
• Set retail pricing, markdown/return schedules and reorders;
• Maintain inventory control;
• Provide product knowledge and training to selling team;
• Manage all outreach to partners in a liaison role.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field. Or a combination of education/experience totaling 7 years.
• Experience: buying and selling in a collegiate retail setting.
Considerable knowledge of procurement procedures and principles in academic resources.
• Knowledge of: interpreting and applying regulations and policies and training others; financial analysis and good mathematical skills.
• Strong organizational skills and experience coordinating and implementing programs/projects
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team
• Demonstrated ability to build successful business partner relations in a university setting.
• Ability to set and achieve goals.
• Experience and ability to set and follow a budget.
• Ability and experience working with an open-to-buy system.
• Experience with Continuous Improvement methodology.
• Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in: MBS POS and
inventory management systems specifically with regards to procuring educational resources.
• Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in Verba; Compare Compete – Software.
• Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in Monsoon/market place software or similar.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Ability to lift or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Posting Number: SP000899P
Posting Date: 04/08/2016
Closing Date: 4/24/2016
Open Until Filled: No
In your cover letter please address each of the minimum qualifications giving detailed, specific examples of how you meet the requirements. Your explanation will be used to score you in the screening process. Please provide similar information explaining how you meet any of the preferred qualifications listed.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/786451
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.