University of Idaho
Marketing & Communications Manager
Location: Coeur d’Alene
Division/College: University Communications & Marketing
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $47,507
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Working with University Communications and Marketing (UCM ), the Marketing and Communications Manager (MCM ) is in charge of key internal and external communication tools for the Coeur d'Alene (CDA ) Center. As the primary communications representative for the center, the MCM is the chief content strategist for the Coeur d'Alene Center. The MCM will advance the Center's reputation through purposeful creative and messaging that is tied to the University's brand and messaging as well as the strategic initiatives of the unit. The MCM provides marketing and communications leadership in a variety of areas, including alumni relations, Web content, social media, media and public relations, special events, and publications. In coordination with the Associate Director of Digital Marketing, the MCM provides counsel to the Center's Associate Vice President/Center Executive Officer (AVP /CEO ), the Director of Program Planning, the Recruitment and Advising Coordinator, and other staff and departments/units on marketing and communications approaches; writes and edits a variety of materials in electronic and print format, including unit magazines or newsletters, Web content, recruitment materials, social media postings, brochures, fact sheets and posters, scripts and talking points, direct marketing and digital advertising, promotional articles and news releases; collaborates in special event planning, including but not limited to special topic conferences and workshops, and short courses; and oversees the work of designers, photographers, videographers, and freelance writers. The MCM interfaces with the University Communications and Marketing team to coordinate content and relay information to and from the supported unit.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or a related field and four years of professional experience, or a combination of education and experience totaling 8 years.
• Excellent writing, editing, verbal and presentation skills.
• Excellent knowledge of marketing principles.
• Experience planning and executing marketing plans and initiatives to achieve organizational goals.
• Demonstrated project management experience to manage multiple projects at any given time.
• Working knowledge of web design principles, printing processes, graphics formats, and effective design and photography principles.
• Established record of collaboration and good interpersonal and communication skills with diverse internal and external constituents.
• Experience producing and editing informational and marketing collateral.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Pages, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Photoshop or other photo-editing program.
• Experience using a content management system for publishing web content.
• Master’s degree in communications, marketing or public relations or a related field.
• Experience working with advancement and development professionals, including writing proposals for solicitation.
• Experience working in higher education.
• Demonstrated ability to translate technical or specialized information for public use and understanding.
• Social Media planning and content creation.
• Experience writing press releases.
• Knowledge of management and supervisory techniques.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001323P
Posting Date: 03/09/2017
Closing Date: 4/9/2017
Open Until Filled: No
To be considered your “Letter of Qualification” must address each of the minimum qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the desired qualifications as relevant.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/979297
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.