University of Idaho
Military & Veterans Services Coordinator
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $43,020 annually or higher commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Coordinator for Military and Veteran Services develops and implements strategies to attract, retain and serve military personnel, military dependents, veterans and their family members (referred to collectively as “military and veteran students”) at the University of Idaho and works under the Director of Military Student Services & Partnerships. To accomplish this, the coordinator assists military and veteran students with admissions, advising and other student services until graduation by coordinating and utilizing a wide variety of student support programs. The coordinator also serves as a School Certifying Official (SCO ) for students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits, advocates for military and veteran students to the university community, conducts outreach activities to potential military and veteran students, and coaches students on achieving educational and career goals. Additionally, the coordinator guides university activities that support Operation Education scholarship assistance for veterans with disabilities and their spouses.
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 5 years experience working with military and/or veteran populations
• At least 2 years demonstrated supervisory and management skills, including experience in counselling and/or advising
• Knowledge of programs administered by the U.S. Veterans Administration (VA), including GI Bill benefits, Vocational Rehabilitation and Dependents’ Educational Assistance, as well as tuition assistance programs for active military and National Guard/Reserve
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to facilitate, mediate, advise, advocate and mentor
• Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases
• Experience in program planning and implementation, as well as conducting independent research and presenting results
• Experience developing, evaluating, and recommending policy and procedures, and implementing changes
• Master’s degree in counseling, higher education, human resources, management or related field
• At least five years of active military service, or at least 15 years of National Guard/Reserve service, with experience in post-9/11 conflicts and knowledge of issues affecting post-9/11 veterans and their families
• At least two years of experience working wither veterans services or a similar non-traditional student population in higher education
• Ability to recognize and refer students to appropriate resources for conditions that may be associated with combat experience (e.g. PTSD , TBI , self-harm, substance abuse)
• Experience working with the VA educational benefits reporting system VA-ONCE
• Experience as a School Certifying Official
• Experience with BANNER student information system
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Flexible work schedule including ability to travel and to work weekends, after regular business hours and holidays as needed.
Posting Number: SP001660P
Posting Date: 12/21/2017
Closing Date: 1/31/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Applicants: Please submit a detailed letter of qualification addressing each minimum and preferred qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1141435
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.